Welcome to the official web site of the Canada Cricket Umpires Association.
We hope to provide all visitors with accurate, timely and complete information.
Keep up-to-date with what is happening with the CCUA by visiting our web site regularly.
This page was last updated: March 20, 2017
Full Member Of West Indies Cricket Umpires Association
CCUA President, Mr. Basdeo Dookhie is extremely pleased with the new Education Chairman Mr. Farouk Ali, who brings vast knowledge of Cricket Laws to our Association. He also has a unique style of instruction, for old and new umpires alike, from his native land of Trinidad, where he has umpired for many years.
CCUA is encouraging existing and potential Umpires in CANADA to join us in 2016 at the Cricket Laws Seminar. For more information, please contact Azad Khan, CCUA Secretary at the following phone numbers: 647.281.1951 or 416.287.0116. Please visit the Seminar page.
Canada Cricket Umpires Association
Welcomes all Umpires for the 2011 Cricket Season
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
(i) To promote and advance the status, role, authority and influence of cricket umpires and scorers; individually, collectively throughout Canada at all levels.
(ii) To promote high standards of umpiring and scoring nationally at all levels throughout the game through the promotion of formal training courses, qualifying examinations, assessment and development programs and any other means approved by the Executive Committee.
(iii) To promote the high standards of umpire and scorer training, nationally
at all levels throughout the game through the provision of Instructor Induction Courses and advanced Instructor and Examiner training, development and assessment programs;
(iv) To advise, act on behalf of and generally support the interests of the Association’s members in matters of match appointments, contract negotiations, insurance claims, legal disputes, disciplinary and arbitration proceedings directly related to their cricket activities, provided that the Association is not brought into disrepute thereby;
(v) To develop, build upon and maintain close collaborative working relationships with cricket governing bodies and other Umpire and Scorer Associations in Canada and Overseas;
(vi) To encourage and assist in the formation of constituent Branches and Affiliated Associations in Canada for the improvement of the game and the application of the Laws to further these Aims and Objectives.
Daylight Savings Time
Starts: May 12th 2017 at 2am. Ends: November 6, 2017 at 2am
CANADA CRICKET UMPIRES ASSOCIATION INC.
*WICUA Convention in Jamaica: July 1st to July 7th 2017
*CCUA AGM Sunday December 4th 2016
*WICUA Oral Examination Sunday November 27th 2016
*WICUA Final Written Examination Sunday August 28th 2016
- WICUA Oral Exam. Nov. 29th 2015
- WICUA Final written Exam-Sunday October 18th 2015
- CCUA AGM on Sunday Feb. 22nd 2015 at 42 Div.Police Station in Scarborough. 1-5pm
- WICUA Oral Examination on Sunday November 23rd 2014
- WICUA Biennial Convention in New York City July 20-27th 2015
- WICUA Final Written Examination: Aug. 24th 2014
- CCUA AGM on Sunday Feb. 9th 2014 at 42 Div.Police Station in Scarborough. 2-5pm
- WICUA Oral Exam Dec: 15 2013
- WICUA Final Written Exam will be on AUGUST 25, 2013
- WICUA -Biennial Conference was held in Trinidad from June 28th 2013 to July 6th 2013.
- CCUA Examination on May 5th 2013
- CCUA AGM February 17th 2013. From 1pm to 5pm at 42 Div.Police Station
- December 9th 2012 WICUA Oral Examination. 9am Sharp
- August 19th 2012,WICUA Final Written Examination.
From 9am to 11am
- May 6th 2012. CCUA Examination In Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.
- February 10th to April 29th 2012. CCUA Seminars
- February 12th 2012. CCUA AGM
Affiliated Umpires' Associations
Scarborough Cricket Umpires Association
Masters Cricket Umpires Association
Ottawa Cricket Umpires and Scorers Association
Waterloo Cricket Umpires Association
Valley Green Cricket Umpires Association
Montreal Cricket Umpires Association
WICUA 50th Anniversary Monument in T&T