CCUA Training Procedure
Cricket, commonly referred to as a gentleman's game, tests not just the skills and character of the players but also the skill, judgment, and diplomacy of the men and women who are intrusted with the responsibility of controlling the game.
The ongoing training of our members to become the highest quality cricket umpires is the strategic goal of Canada Cricket Umpire's Association.
- Training begins every year from the months of March to May each year. and culminates with a written examination in each level.
- Levels 1, 2 and 3 Examinations are conducted before the end of May.
- Candidates who successfully complete the Level 2 and level 3 CCUA Examinations are then encouraged to write the West Indies Cricket Umpires' Association (WICUA) Final Written Examination in July the following year.
- The following year, each successful candidate undergoes six Practical Assessments, conducted by WICUA Umpires and local assessors. These practical assessments are done in official league matches in whom the candidate officiates together with one of the local CCUA WICUA Qualified assessors.
- Upon the successful completion of these practical assessments, a member of the WICUA Examination Committee then conducts an Oral Examination for Qualified candidates. Candidates who complete this stage successfully are now qualified to officiate at the highest level of cricket worldwide.
- The Association extends membership to all practicing umpires and is willing to undertake training of its individual members and Member Associations anywhere within Canada.
- A cricket umpire must be well-versed in the Laws of Cricket and Canada Cricket Umpires Association pledges to do as much as possible to impart such knowledge to its members.
This page was last updated: June 1, 2019
Full Member Of West Indies Cricket Umpires Association
Complete in Block Letters
West Indies Exam-Qualified
Copy of Certificate(s) must be attached
Number of years experience as an Umpire: In Canada
Number of years experience as a Qualified Scorer: In Canada
Name of the Cricket Club(s)
Membership fees enclosed Yes ( ) No ( )
Are you currently affiliated with any Cricket Club(s) in Canada? Yes ( ) No ( )
I undertake to learn all current MCC Laws, Duckworth/Lewis Match Result Calculations and League Regulations and to abide by them.
I, the undersigned, hereby apply for membership in the Canada Cricket Umpires Association and I agree to Release the Association and its Executive Officers from all Liabilities pertaining to the Administration of Cricket, Cricket Umpiring and Scoring within the confines of the Association’s Constitution
Canada Cricket Umpires Association is looking for new officials to join the team. Cricket season will soon start, so there is a real need for new recruits and veterans to the game.
If you are new, we will train you.
There are numerous assignments to keep you employed during the season.
Rookhie of the Year 2009 Terrence Campbell
Scorer of the Year 2009 Mickail Butler
Scorer of the Year 2008 Mickail Butler
401 East/West, exit Markham Road. Go North on Markham Road to Milner Avenue, then turn left (West) at Milner Ave; just before first intersection is 42 Division Police Station on the right.
42 Division Police Station
Daylight Savings Time
Starts: March 11, 2012 Ends: November 4, 2012
Starts: March 10, 2013. Ends: November 3, 2013